Since its inception in 2004 Compli-Serve has gained extensive experience and knowledge providing compliance services to a wide variety of hedge fund clients. These services include, inter alia, the following:
• The understanding of the complex regulatory requirements governing hedge funds in South Africa.
• The understanding of the strict financial soundness and operational ability requirements that hedge fund FSPs need to adhere to.
• Compliance with the extensive array of legislation including FAIS, FICA, TCF, POPIA, Financial Markets Act, Financial Sector Regulation Act.
Our value-add is to:
• Simplify the vast array of legislation to enable the FSP to comply more easily with its legislative requirements.
• Bring to the FSP’s attention any pending new legislation that will affect it and introduce policies and procedures to ensure compliance thereof.
• Remind the FSP throughout the year of its reporting obligations and to assist where required.
Our main skill sets are as follows:
• Many years of experience in dealing with hedge fund FSPs.
• Our Compliance Officers are predominantly lawyers with an excellent understanding of law, with one accountant to provide specialised advice in financial areas.
• Vast experience in the investment and related industries.